Law of Contract: Consideration

CONSIDERATION 

This can sometimes makes the largest difference in a contract, if I were to OFFER to sign a contract with you stating that I am GIVING you my HOUSE, and you are ACCEPTING it, assuming everything was fine and contract was signed. Now the issue comes when I want back the house, though you can ARGUE that I OFFERED to give it to you, but according to the law, this will be categorised as CONTRACT VOID. The key factor here is that there is no consideration from you, it is one sided. You did not offer me anything in return for the HOUSE, though it was I did not request anything from you, you must still offer me something. The consideration here can be as little as RM1, if you did made that offer and it was mentioned in the contract, I can't (by law) force you to return me that house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment